Government says yes to 85% Tamil Nadu medical seat quota

Xavier Trudeau
Juin 26, 2017

DMK Working President M K Stalin today said securing the presidential nod for the bill passed in the Assembly to exempt Tamil Nadu from NEET examination was the only solution to safeguard the interests of students from the state.

Chennai: Aiming to empower students for achieving good scores in competitive exams like Neet, the Tamil Nadu government will soon come out with a book containing 54,000 questions with answers for state board school students on par with CBSE standards.

The remaining 15 per cent will be reserved for students from the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and other boards, Health Minister C Vijaya Basker told reporters here on Saturday. The state will apply 69% res ervation policy and NEET scores during counselling.

On Saturday, Vijayabaskar moved two bills in the assembly seeking exemption from NEET.On Saturday, he placed in the House a three-page June 22 government order of the health and family welfare department detailing the admission policy."We had a six-hour meeting with senior officials and legal experts on Friday before we finalised the policy".

This sub-quota reservation will be applicable only to the 85 per cent State quota seats and the remaining 15 per cent all-India quota seats will be filled by the Director General of Health Services through all India counselling scheduled for July 3. "I only appeal to student, parents and other activists to support the state's decision", he said. A total of 88,431 students appeared for NEET, 95% of them from state board, with an entirely syllabus, methodology and exam pattern.

"DMK had pointed out that thousands of poor and rural students would be affected if NEET-based admission is implemented", he said.

This year, the state will be conducing counselling for 24 government medical colleges and also self-financing and deemed universities with equal number of seats.

The first round of all India quota seats registration and choice filling will start on July 3 and the result publication will be done on July 15.

D'autres rapports CampDesrEcrues

Discuter de cet article

SUIVRE NOTRE JOURNAL