London bridge attackers tried to get a larger truck: Cops

Evrard Martin
Juin 11, 2017

Reports in the local media in the United Kingdom citing police reports indicate that the London Bridge terrorists tried hiring a huge 7.5-tonne truck to cause more damage and death. People have been urged to show the world their "resilience, unity and defiance" a week on from the London Bridge terror attack by enjoying their Saturday night in the capital. The market itself remains closed because of the police investigation. "Our resilience, unity and defiance of those evil individuals who seek to harm us and destroy our way of life will never change".

"In terms of our witnesses that we've spoken to so far, out of the 300 odd people, there are about 20 different countries of origin".

She said longtime Londoners value this global aspect of the British capital.

She said: "We, in this city, have experienced terrorism for as long as I've been alive and we have always been able to step up and deal with a new threat and that's what we're going to do here".

Inspector Jim Cole, who was scrambled from his south London police station, said the response was "like something out of a Battle of Britain film" as officers piled into vehicles and raced to the scene.

A Foreign Ministry spokesman, speaking anonymously in line with official policy, said Saturday that Echeverria's family shared the information with the ministry after the autopsy was performed on Friday. He was employed in London by HSBC bank.

They have already made several arrests, with the two from Friday and Saturday meaning seven men are now in custody in total.

Police have conducted a series of raids in connection with the attacks and made 18 arrests.

Cops said the bloodshed would have been much worse if not for the gang's failed try at renting a larger truck.

A 28-year-old man was in the early morning hours on Saturday in Barking, and a 27-year-old man was arrested in Ilford, both in east London.

Attackers Khuram Butt, Rachid Redouane and Youssef Zaghba each wore one of the bogus explosive devices when they launched a van and knife rampage that killed eight people and injured dozens more.

Haydon went on to say that "it's feasible when you look at their actions, they were still fairly close to the van, there is a possibility they could have come back to the van". However, Butt tried to get a lorry (semi-truck) before settling on the van.

However the three men failed to provide payment details and the vehicle was not picked up, prompting them to use a smaller van instead, the BBC reported.

Last July, a 31-year-old Tunisian extremist rammed a 19-tonne truck through a crowd celebrating Bastille Day in the French Riviera city of Nice, killing 86 people and injuring more than 400.

The trio were shot dead by the police.

D'autres rapports CampDesrEcrues

Discuter de cet article

SUIVRE NOTRE JOURNAL