Manchester bomb investigation team make 18th arrest

Claudine Rigal
Juin 6, 2017

A 24-year-old man was arrested in Rusholme on suspicion of offences contrary to the terrorism act, as part of the investigation on Friday night.

Abedi, who murdered 22 and injured hundreds last week after he blew himself up at an Ariana Grande concert at the Manchester Area, held several calls with an ISIS cell in the North African country, Libyan security sources told the Telegraph.

The 11 men still in custody are aged between 18 and 44 and are being held on suspicion of terrorism offences.

According to the report, the 22-year-old Abedi had met with the Islamist group during trips to Sabratha and Tripoli, Libya, where he linked up with a group known as Katibat al-Battar al-Libi.

Although police believe Abedi largely acted alone, they haven't ruled out him being aided by a network of accomplices.

The terror attack in Manchester took place on May 22 at the end of USA singer Ariana Grande's concert, claiming the lives of at least 22 and injuring dozens of others.

Eighteen people have been arrested in connection with the investigation, police said, of which eight people have been released without charge.

The latest IS-linked atrocity took place at a concert given by USA pop star Ariana Grande, which was being held at Manchester Arena. Tickets for the concert, which went on sale Thursday, sold out in six minutes.

D'autres rapports CampDesrEcrues

Discuter de cet article

SUIVRE NOTRE JOURNAL