Ozubulu Attack: Osinbajo Sends Delegation To Anambra State

Pierre Vaugeois
Août 13, 2017

Chris Ngige, Minister for Labour and Employment, said this in Amakwa, Ozubulu in Ekwusigo council when he led a delegation to commiserate with the people and government of Anambra on Saturday over last week's attack in a church.

During the visit, the delegation will present a condolence letter from Acting President Osinbajo on behalf of the Federal Government to Governor Willie Obiano.

He "extends deep commiserations to the families, and the Ozubulu community on the tragedy, and prays for the speedy recovery of the injured".

He condemned in very strong terms the atrocious and dastardly act which he said has brought sorrow to many innocent families.

The acting president was quoted thus: "Such barbaric act constitutes an affront to our common humanity, and challenges, but will not overwhelm our collective resolve to rid our communities of all forms of violent crimes and criminality".

Osinbajo noted that the Federal Government under President Muhammadu Buhari remained undeterred and would continue to use all available resources to ensure adequate security of lives and property in Anambra and across the entire country.

He said he would remain engaged with Governor Obiano, the police authorities and other security agencies to ensure that the lives and property of citizens of Anambra State and all Nigerians are well protected anywhere they live.

Meanwhile, the Federal Government has promised readiness to sponsor any of the victims whose case is beyond the NAUTH to handle for treatment overseas.

The minister, who described the attack as heinous, wicked and sacrilegious, said the delegation would report back to the presidency.

The Chief Medical Director of the hospital, Prof.

D'autres rapports CampDesrEcrues

Discuter de cet article

SUIVRE NOTRE JOURNAL